Follow Me

..."And He said to Him, 'FOLLOW ME'"... Luke 5:27

 2 words... seems simple enough. I have personally wrestled over and over with these 2 words and watched others do the same. See if it were only 2 words, it would be simple but I have this uncanny ability to add to it...

The Lord says FOLLOW ME... 

and I add...

  •  After _____ happens
  • When you  have $_____
  • When you are ____ years old
  • When you can talk a few others into coming with you
  • After you  have rested
  • When you are not doing anything else (like that EVER happens)
  • When you "feel" prepared or ready
  • Once you have been trained
  • When you get their approval (whoever they might be)
  • When you are comfortable
  • Once I give you an itinerary
It quickly becomes SO much more than "Follow Me". It is no longer on HIS terms. It is on mine. Somehow I have flipped the command around completely, taken the reigns, and attempted to lead. I have developed this "when I am ready and finished with all of my things.... then... I may consider your 2 simple words" idea. Where does this attitude come from and how can we get rid of it?  I challenge you  to really consider those 2 words of "Follow Me" and make a list of your additions to the phrase. One by one, start praying over each of those phrases and watch them melt away. It will rock your world.

You won't know the who, what, when, where and how at first but you will be "FOLLOWING HIM" and there is nothing more fabulous!!

In an attempt to see the who, what, when, where, and how of HIS LIFE, start in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Bible) and simply FOLLOW HIS LEAD AND EXAMPLE.

Because of His Grace,
Kristin

P.S. everyone's "Follow Me" doesn't look the exact same... how boring would that be!?
 

Comments

Popular Posts