Ready for Boring

At the first of every month, especially January, I get all pumped up about goal setting and my personal rhythm for the life season we are in. As I mature, I (slowly) get better and better at giving myself grace when I don't meet all of those things I wrote down on paper.

Most of the things I include are "boring". You know. Dishes. Laundry. Meal planning. Putting Christmas away. Homework. Exercise. and so on. Those small moments of your day that you string together to make a life.

Since January 1st, I have done very few of those boring things. The past 8 days have been filled with one ER visit (negative blood clot in my leg thank you Jesus), 2 physical therapies, taking a sick day from work, 2 antibiotics, 5 probiotics, dentist, an endocrinologist appt, an orthopedic appt,  having the "becoming a young woman" talk, having the "why did God make me like this?" talk (again) and a partridge in a pear tree.

In the midst of what feels like a physical and emotional whirlwind, I thankfully hear His still small voice to TRUST HIM. My flesh wants to whine and often does but honestly; I am so thankful and blessed to live in a place with access to all of those places and professionals I listed above. I didn't drive over 20 minutes to any of those appointments. There are thousands of mothers all over the world who would give their life for their child to have healthcare like we have had this week.

Mabel will go back into surgery next Monday, January 11th to release her left hamstring. It's time. We are so committed to her healing but have hit a roadblock. This will be her 6th surgery in 3 years. Please join us in praying for boring. No complications. No excitement.

I just want to go back to glorifying Him in dishes and laundry and cooking for a little bit :)

 
When he takes her hand like that to guide her... melt my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts