Work of God


Mommy, why did Jesus make me with a short leg and not you or Portia? She asked it bluntly and casually. I almost said "I don't know" but I do know.

 Is it fair? No. But we were never promised fair.

 I told her the story of the blind man in the Bible. I didn't know where to find it. But I knew the leaders asked Jesus if he was blind because of his sin or his parent's sin?



Jesus answered "that the works of God might be displayed in him"

THAT THE STORY OF GOD BE TOLD THROUGH HIS LIFE. THROUGH YOUR LIFE.

She has been sitting with us in church on Sundays and the next week, we turned to John 9 to hear "Jesus heals a man born blind". I spastically tapped her and got all excited when I realized it was the same story. Maybe they could explain it better than me. She shrugged and kept on coloring :)

One day I hope we can fully GRASP, BELIEVE, and LIVE the truth that the MAIN POINT is not that the man can see or that her leg is even but that we and others see the work of God in her life.





Comments

Popular Posts