1/2 way check point

"We tend to view the goal as the goal, but in God's economy the PROCESS is the goal.
 It's not about WHAT we're doing at all, it's about WHO we're becoming in the process."
- Batterson in "Draw the Circle"

Today, we are 1/2 thru what we hope to be a 48 day lengthening!

 
We praise God that there has been no infection, no dislocation, both girls have had great attitudes the majority of the time, and there has been minimal pain. Jeremy has started getting up with her in the middle of the night this week to give her Tylenol and help her stretch. As we continue to lengthen, the ligaments and tendons will start to be pulled. Please pray for endurance and strength for him as he gets up with her.
 
 
 
CONFESSION: This week, the initial adrenaline and excitement has worn off for me. I crashed yesterday because I had had enough hard and then I beat myself up over the fact that I know there are thousands of people who are doing harder. There are some days that I am ready to fast forward 6-7 years and this to be over, just like I was ready for their adoption process to be over.
 
 But I am SLOWLY learning that is not all about the final goal. It's about WHO God is forming and molding us to be in the process.
 
 
 

 

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope"

- Romans 5:3-4

 
 
Some days, the molding is painful and lonely. The visitors slow and being inside can be isolating. I hesitate to even type that because again, I feel like a big baby.
 
We have been overwhelmed by community. Visiting, sending gifts. Making meals 3x/ week so that I can be there to play with and serve my kids. I am filled with over-whelming gratitude.
 
One of the lessons I have learned in this process is continue to show up and go to new moms, to parents with special needs children, to those who have lost a family member, to  the elderly, the foreigner, the hospitalized, the mother on bed rest, the college student in a new town. As days. months. years. go by.
 





Comments

Popular Posts