Evil

Evil is not something I grew up hearing about. It's one of those things you don't really learn until it happens to you or someone you love. 

The older I get, the more I realize how protected I was from evil at a young age. The more I commit my life to traumatized children; the more I ask God why that was not a part of my story when it is of so many.

No one told me about standing beside your friends as they bury their parents or their child, watching 3 of your girlfriend's husbands walk out of their family in one year, not recognizing your friends or family when mental illness steals parts of them you have always known, how addiction ravages lives of people you love dearly, or how we continue to dehumanize people to justify evil. 

I have more questions than I have answers and that's ok. I just want to keep naming evil and the consequences of sin for what they are. When you name something, it loses its power over you. 

I pray I go to the grave looking like a fool believing and living this:


Hebrews 10:22-25 " So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching."



Let's do this life. Giving each other courage and help especially as we see the BIG day approaching that brings an END to all evil. 





Comments

Popular Posts