"Need" does not = "Do"

"I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work 
you gave me to do"
  ~Jesus to His dad in John 17:4 

 "For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it."
~Jesus in John 12:49

He will tell us what to do, what to say, and how to say it!!
 

Over the past few weeks, I have learned something BIG, something freeing!! Especially for those of us who tend to be people pleasers and " I don't really have time for that but I am going to say yes anyway" kind of people :)....

Jesus did not derive His mission, purpose, day to day activity (whatever you want to put in the blank) from need. He did what God gave him.

He left this world fully knowing there was still need here. So often I find myself jumping at the next "need." I want to fix it as quickly as possible so that there is no longer a need there. Doesn't matter if that's what God gave me for that day, I "need" to do that. No prayer, just knee jerk reaction.

Merely because we are busy, or even skilled at doing something does not necessarily mean that we are getting anything accomplished for HIS GLORY.

Satan can fool you by having you do "good" things but not the "given" thing. By simply responding to the need, you run of out money, time, and run out of you so that you are no longer able to do the given thing.  


If there was a specific work given to Him, I believe there is a specific work for me and for you.
Diligently seek and ask Him for that given work. 

How would you like to come home to Him "finished" with what He gave you?

John the Baptist finished and said this about it...

 "To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven.  You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete 

He must become greater; I must become less." - John 3: 27-30

~kristin

Comments

Popular Posts