"Money, Possessions, and Eternity" book review

I finished my January book "Money, Posessions, and Eternity" by Randy Alcorn plus a bonus book "The Road Back To You" which I reviewed here
 

Practical implications as I read thru Alcorn's book:

- A deep and sincere repentance first to the Lord and then to my spouse for my "hands and mind free" attitude towards money my whole life. 

- A commitment to be "a prudent wife" to Jeremy (Proverbs 19:14) so that he doesn't continue to carry this vital piece of our marriage and family alone. He's over here giving me Econ 101 lessons 😬

-31 days of setting a budget and recording giving, saving, and expenditures (and a commitment to keep going and growing in these areas) 

-Gratitude for a church leadership who is transparent and committed to administer their funds "in order to honor the Lord himself and to show our eagerness to help" - 2 Cor. 8:19

- A challenge to radical, biblical generousity 

- Introduction  of "GIVE, SAVE, SPEND" jars for the girls. 
 

February book is "Seeing With New Eyes" by David Powilson. One of our biblical counselors at work recommended it to me. Has anyone read it? Anyone have any future recommendations for me? 

 

Comments

Popular Posts