The Widows Mite

"As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in her two mites. "Truly I tell you," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." (Luke 21:1-4)











  Anyone who has fundraised or asked for donations before knows you usually try to target a certain audience when sending out your support letters. We usually ask for help from older adults with seemingly "stable" jobs (let's be honest). Over the years, I have taken many mission trips and have been extravagantly blessed by my support system. But.... I can't help but point out something that has changed over the past six months. Between our first trip to Ghana in January, the announcement of our adoption, and our most recent trip to Ghana.... a few special people in my life have stepped and said "yes" to the call the Lord placed on their heart. I won't name them here because one, they know who they are and two, that's not the point. The point is that two of my sweet girlfriends, three of our sweet young married couple friends, and multiple family members have sacrificed to see the Kingdom spread. Did they give our biggest donations we have ever received... no. But... they gave more than was ever asked of them. They gave to the point of DISCOMFORT. Don't get me wrong... these people are not starving but they are "poor" according to our American standards. My friends completely blew me away by their example. They followed the example of the widow and her mite. Thank you sweet friends for your sacrifice.

"...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."  -Luke 12:48
 
Simply by the fact that you can read this.....you have been given and entrusted with much.... 

~kristin

Comments

Popular Posts