One Man's Dream

Between respite time at the Grove Park Inn, Disney World, and finishing this book....



My dreams/ ideas/ visions have come ALIVE again...

While everyone else waited in the 2 hour line for Rockin Rollercoaster, me and Jude strolled over to this exhibit:


It got me thinking about the power of dreams, hard work, MIRACLES. One Man's Dream... Walt Disney, MLK, Daniel, Joseph, and thousands of others. Not only their dream but their obedience, hard work, perseverance to see it through or plant seeds for it until they died.

Before now, I would not have considered myself a dreamer. But the more I read of "The Circle Maker" and the few days of respite to hear my thoughts at Grove Park; I realized I am a dreamer.

This morning, I scavenged through old boxes to pull out my journals. I forgot how much I LOVE journaling. Our recent season of life has made it difficult to stop and write down my thoughts. But as I thumb through the past 10 years of journals, there are so many pearls, dreams, thoughts, and prayers. I am going to start going back through each of them and hope they can be a treasure to my kids one day.




Recording dreams/ thoughts/ prayers doesn't have to be fancy. You would be amazed at the things that were started on a napkin corner. At the Grove Park, I was sitting in a rocking chair by the fire and didn't have my journal so an old newspaper did just fine.

 
In "The Circle Maker" Batterson challenges you to make a life goal list and think in categories:
1. Family
2. Influential
3. Experiential
4. Physical
5. Travel
 
We are going to sit down as a family and each make a life goal list. I think I will have the kids celebrate and adjust theirs on their birthday each year. Mabel has already told me for her travel:
 1. Hollywood. 2. Washington D.C. 3. Africa
 
 
Don't under estimate the power of your biggest dreams. Circle them in prayer.
 
I am fascinated by other's dreams. It helps me learn what they are passionate about and what is most important to them. If you want to do this with us, let me know.
 



 
 
 
 
P.S. One thing on my life goal list is to write a book. Will need y'all to hold me to it.

Comments

Popular Posts