Finally...

       I'm finally going to give this blogging thing a try. I love to journal and look back at my entries  to see how far the Lord has brought me and those living life with me. I have so many thoughts and passions stirring  in my head and my heart that it may take awhile to process them all and get them out in words. But.. I will start with the title of the blog... "SIMPLE LOVE TODAY". I am big on living one day at a time. I constantly remind myself that today is October 5th, 2010 (fill in the blank for whatever day) and that I will never get this day back again so I need to be intentional about what I am doing and saying in this moment. The "simple love" part comes from I Corinthians 13:1-3:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love, I gain nothing." 

      The motivation behind my actions must simply be "love" and nothing else. So often I find myself wanting to do things for others to gain men's approval. My vision is to approach every single encounter and ask myself how I can love that person in that moment. That is what I believe simple love is. 

Comments

Popular Posts